Sunday, May 20, 2007

Our Last Night in Florence


Tonight is our last night in Florence. This morning we went to the highest point to San Minioto and looked at the city from up there. That climb was tough... I think we worked off all the pasta and pizza we have been eating over here. It was truly breathtaking from up there and I took a lot of pictures... good thing we bought that extra memory stick right before I left because it will definitely be full when I get finished over here. This evening we hurried to the Uffizi Museum to see some of Michaelangelo's and Boticelli's paintings. We had to skip the David because it was at a separate museum and we felt it was more important to see more. They closed at 6:30 and aren't open on Mondays. I think it was the only sacrifice we have made all trip though, so I guess it was bound to happen. We have seen the copy of the David in one of the piazzas every day that we have been here though, so that makes us feel a little better about it. I love all of you very very much! We leave for Venice tomorrow, and I will try to write from there! Ciao!

No comments: